Colloquia presented by
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics
of Villanova University
Spring 2018 Colloquium schedule. All talks are at 2:30 in
- Friday, February 23:
Dr. Lu Chen, Swarthmore
Missing data problems in cancer risk prediction.
- Friday, March 16: Dr. Peter Muller, Villanova
University, Electrical Impedence Tomography: Linear and Nonlinear
- Friday, April 20: Dr. Haydee Lindo, Williams
College, title to be announced
- 9/15/2017. Dr. Diana Davis, Swarthmore
Lines on polygon surfaces.
- 11/10/2017. Dr. Anisah Nu'Man, Ursinus College, Tame filling functions for Diestel-Leader groups.
- 10/21/2016. Dr. Jesse Frey, Villanova University,
Improving the Big East Conference basketball tournament using Monte
- 6/10/2016. Paul Cornwell, University of North
Carolina, Stability of waves and the Maslov Index.
- 4/26/2016. Presented by VU Student chapter AWM:
Dr. Janet Fierson, La Salle University, Connectivity, coloring graphs, and collaboration.
- 4/01/2016. Dr. Erica Graham, Bryn Mawr College,
On Mathematical Models of Metabolic Dysfunction: Diabetes, Cells, and
- 2/12/2016. Dr. Weiwen Miao, Haverford
New Statistical Tests for Detecting Disparate Impact Arising from
Two-Stage Selection Processes.
- 4/17/2015. Dr. Nathan Corwin, Rutgers
University, A structure theorem for Thompson's group V.
- 3/27/2015. Dr. Amanda Knecht,
Villanova University, Ready for hailstones in a cloud? The 3n+1 problem.
- 4/10/2015. Dr. Gene Fiorini, DIMACS,
CrIME: Criminal Investigation through Mathematical Examination.
- 1/30/2015. Dr. Maureen Carroll,
Scranton University, Games on planes.
Villanova University Colloquium coordinator:
Dr. Timothy Feeman